We had our first two shows of our Montreal Fringe 2012 extravaganza last night. 10 more presentations to go, baby! The audience was smallish, but that’s to be expected in the early shows. Hopefully, our NetBuzz will be favourable.
Speaking of favorable, Al from BloodyUnderrated was at our first show (he actually got up to tell a story, but we will not speak of it) and has given us a favourable review! Thanks Al!
We have two more shows tonight, and then on Sunday, TaelStrum will be featured at Madpoetix with the ever-lovely Tashe. If you’ve never been to Madpoetix, you should come by! If you’ve been to Madpoetix before, you should come back!
May and June of 2012 is going to be frightfully busy for me in terms of shows and new projects! I think at the end of the marathon, when somebody asks me for a story, I might hand them a book instead.
- TaelStrum Fringe Fundraiser on May 11th at Shaika Cafe
- Last Open Mic Slam Telling on May 14th at Shaika Cafe
- June 5th: Performing with Concerto Della Donna (a 17-person choir) to tell a Norwegian folktale, complete with musicians and dancers.
- 12 Montreal Fringe Festival shows scheduled
- June 10th: Featured act at MadPoetix (sharing the stage with the ever-lovely Tashe)
- June 11th: Hosting the Final Slam Telling competition at Shaika Cafe
- June 13th: Judging tales at the Smut Slam (Fringe Festival)
- June 22nd: Competing in the Finals at Once Upon a Slam in Ottawa
- June 24th: Organizing the Story Save fundraiser which honors Mike Burns, Montreal-based Irish storyteller.
Yikes! I hope that you will attend at least one or more of these shows!